IIT JAM 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
IIT JAM 2019 Online Application will be starting from 1st September 2018. IIT JAM 2019 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) is a national level examination. This exam is conducted for providing admission to the M.Sc.IIT Kharagpur is the conducting Authority of IIT JAM 2019. Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other post-bachelor’s degree courses at IITs. Through this exam, candidates can also get admission into the Ph.D. programme at IISc. It is managed by IIT, Kharagpur. Candidates can get into the Ph.D. programme at IIT. IIT JAM 2019 exam managed by the authority of IITs and IISc on the rotation basis.
Here in this page candidates will details of IIT JAM 2019 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Admit Cards, Exam Dates, Result and Syllabus Etc.
IIT JAM Notification 2019
IIT JAM 2019 Official Notification and Application has been released. Click Here to Check Notification.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates (Announced)
IIT JAM 2019 Important dates are mentioned below in the table. To apply candidates should know the details such as Availability of Online Application, Last date to submit an application, Mock Test, and Admission Form Availability etc.
Check here Official dates for the IIT JAM examination. Whenever the official dates released, we will update here:
|Availability of Online Application||1st September 2018|
|Last date to submit application||1st October 2018|
|Admit Card Release||4th January 2019|
|Mock Test Available||10th January 2019|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||10th February 2019|
|Candidates Response||19th February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||25th February 2019|
|Result Declaration||20th March 2019|
|Rank & Merit List||5th April 2019|
|Score Card Release||5th April to 31st July 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||11th April to 24th April 2019|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||Till 7th May 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||3rd June 2019|
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
- Candidates will be able to fill & submit the application only through online mode.
- The IIT JAM 2019 Registration will be started from the 1st September 2018.
- Candidates can fill the IIT JAM 2019 application form till the 1st October 2018.
- Candidates should upload their scanned imagesof photograph, signature & SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- The authority will be provide JAM Application Correction facility in the month of October 2018.
- Take a printout copy of the application for further references.
- No hard copy of application & documents will be sent through offline mode to the organizing Institution.
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1050|
|All Others||Rs. 1000||Rs. 2100|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates before applying must check full IIT JAM 2019 eligibility criteria, whether they are eligible to apply or not.
Check IIT JAM 2019 criteria according to selected courses wise. Different courses have different criteria.
Before applying for the examination, candidates should check the eligibility criteria:
- Indian/Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- There will be no age criteria/restrictions to apply.
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates should have a bachelor degree.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates must secure at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD category).
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
All applier must get familiar with IIT JAM exam pattern 2019 and syllabus of IIT JAM 2019.
Exam of IIT JAM 2019 will be conducted on online mode means in computer-based mode. Candidates have to complete their paper within three hours.
The exam pattern complete details are mentioned here:
- Exam Mode:The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session:The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e., 9 AM to noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections:In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Of Papers:Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration:The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium:The medium of the exam will be English only.
- Number of Questions:Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks:The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM Syllabus 2019
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM 2019 syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Analyze the syllabus & exam pattern before start JAM Exam preparation.
- Prepare from the previous year’s question papers & sample papers.
- Try to solve online mock test papers for practice.
- Make short notes for revision.
- Choose the best study material & JAM Preparation books for exam.
- Maintain your health and keep healthy physically & mentally.
IIT JAM Admit Card 2019
Admit Card will be Release on 4th January 2019. Authority can download their IIT JAM 2019 hall ticket through the official online portal.
- Candidates can download the admit cards through online mode.
- By entering their Enrolment ID/Email ID & Password candidates can get there admit card.
- No candidates will be sent IIT JAM 2019 admit cards by post/email.
- Carry you’re valid to admit card along with original valid Photo ID proof at the examination hall.
IIT JAM Result 2019
Candidates will check their results only through online mode from the official website. The IIT JAM 2019 result will be declared on 20th March 2019.
For each test paper, the institutions will be made separate merit lists as per the categories.
Candidates should download their IIT JAM 2019 scorecard from 5th April to 31st July 2019. The organizing Institution will not send any hard copy of the score card through offline mode.
IIT JAM Admission Procedure 2019
Candidates who are eligible and qualify the examination (whose names appear in the merit list) can appear in the IIT JAM 2019 counseling procedure. Candidates have applied for one or more academic courses By qualified test papers.
- Fill admission form as the choice of courses in order of preference, educational qualifications, the percentage of marks/CGPA, category, PwD status, etc. pay 600 as an admission fee.
- In the fourth week of May 2019, the first admission list will be released.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Centers
Below is given 2019 IIT JAM exam centers for reference. Check 2019 IIT JAM exam centers through online official.
|IITs||IIT JAM 2019 Exam Centres|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol – Durgapur