Faculty of Management Studies (also known as FMS Delhi and The Red Building of Dreams) is a business school located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1954 under the aegis of the University of Delhi and is often cited as the best business school in India owing to its great ROI and very high placement statistics.
The Faculty of Management Studies focuses on management education more than just business management. The commitment is thought leadership with a deep understanding of business. The approach to pedagogy combines fieldwork, case studies and instrumented feedback with a strong emphasis on concepts and theory. The intent is to encourage intellectual curiosity and open minds to the adventure of ideas.
FMS rewards initiative, novelty and thinking outside the box. Our students are individualists of enormous intellectual energy with a talent for collaboration and teamwork. We are a diverse lot, possessing flair and dynamism that develops in a metropolis like Delhi and thrives on challenges both inside and outside the classroom.
- MoUs with the various global and international Universities for student/ faculty/ foreign exchange programs
- Institute, being a founding member of the Association of Management Development Institutions of South Asia has a rich history of collaborations with institutions around the world
- Tie-up with Harvard Business School to exchange Journal of Management Research (Published by the institute)
- Exchange programs and collaborative arrangements with leading business houses, management institutions and professional associations in India and abroad
- Dignitaries from international institutes and university of Spain, Australia, Potugal, USA, Switzerland, South Korea and Singapore have graced the campus with their presence at various occasions.
The most recently revised fees of FMS is tabulated below (as on May’15)
|MBA|| Rs. 10,480 per annum
(hostel fee excluded)
|MBA Executive||Rs. 50,000 per annum|
The placement process is conducted in two stages. The first is the laterals process where the firms interview the students with more than 18 months of work experience and offer them mid-level managerial positions.
Final Placements of 2015 at a glance
|Total No. of Students Participating||217|
|Total No. of Companies||75|
|No. of Offers||236|
|PPOs Accepted (PPOs Offered)||42 (60)|
|Lateral Offers Accepted (Laterals Offered)||70 (71)|
|Average Salary||17.04 LPA|
For MBA – Full Time
- Domestic Candidates (in India) – CAT
- International Candidate (outside India) – should apply through the office of the Deputy Dean (Foreign Students), University of Delhi
For MBA Executive (Evening) and MBA Executive HCA – Application Based
For Doctoral Program – CAT