XLRI – Xavier School of Management was established in 1949, as Xavier Labour Relations Institute, at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. XLRI is a Jesuit managed school and is not only India’s oldest B-school but also one of the oldest B -schools of the world.
The Jesuit-managed school offers numerous programs: a full-time, 2-year, post-graduate program in Business Management, Personnel Management, & Industrial Relations (renamed Human Resources Management in 2011); Global Business Management; a 15-month, full-time, General Management program (PGDM-GM); a doctoral fellow program (FPM); and several executive education programs including a three-years, part-time programme in Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners.
EEligibility for PGDM (BM)
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Final year students can also apply.
Eligibility for PGDM (GM)
- Candidates must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline with at least 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
Eligibility for PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR)
- Candidates who have completed three years of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by a University or Deemed University, are eligible to apply.
- Two years of work experience is required in supervisory/executive role in organizations.
Eligibility for PGDM (GMBA)
- Candidates who have completed the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline, with 50% or more marks, recognized by a University or Deemed University, are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3 or more years of relevant work experience
Eligibility for PGDM (HRM)
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent from a recognized university. Final year students can also apply.
XLRI Admission Procedure
For PGDM (BM & HR)
There are 2 stages that a candidate goes through before getting selected for XLRI PGDM Programme.
- The first stage is appearing for the XAT Exam conducted by XLRI. (GMAT in case of foreign or NRI candidates)
- On clearing the required cut-offs, a candidate is called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GDPI).
For PGDM (GM)
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of XAT or GMAT score.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the personal interviews. GMP interviews are also conducted over G-talk/Skype for the overseas candidates.
For PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR)
- Candidates have to appear for an aptitude test which consistsof questions on quantitative ability, logical reasoning, and English language skills. Candidates may also provide the scores of credible MBA examinations in which they may have appeared.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Personal Interview at XLRI Jamshedpur.
XLRI Fees :
|PGDM (BM)||Rs. 20,00,000|
|PGDM (HRM)||Rs. 20,00,000|
|PGDM (GM)||Rs. 18,50,000|
XLRI Final Placements
XLRI has been exceptional in placements and the last two years have seen good growth in the quality of placements. Some companies like Rothschild exclusively visit XLRI and many other companies give XLRI a lot of preference.
|2015 – 2017 Batch||2014 – 2016 Batch|
|Total No. of Students Participating||359||361|
|No. of Companies Participating||139||132|
|Total No. of Offers||Not Available||386|
|Median Salary Package||Rs. 19 LPA||Rs. 18 LPA|