Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2018-2019 : Listing, Rating & MBBS Seats.
Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2018 : Assam is a northeastern state of India. This state is situated south of the eastern Himalayas along the Brahmaputra and Barak River valleys. Aspiring candidates who are dreaming of becoming Doctor or Dentist have to appear & qualify the NEET UG 2018 exam. The admission procedure for MBBS/BDS course for 85% state quota is conducted by the Government of Assam, Office of The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam. Career Today India Provides complete list of Top Medical Colleges In Assam 2018-2019.
The selection of the candidates is based on the NEET entrance examination. NEET is the All India level entrance exam conducted by CBSE for admission in medical colleges. MBBS course provides the thorough experience of ward management, staff management, and excellent counseling skills. The top-most Assam MBBS Colleges with their seats are mentioned below.
Directorate of Medical Education conducts the admission process of Assam MBBS/BDS based on released merit list. Candidates whose name on the merit list are eligible to fill the application form. The application form for Assam MBBS 2018 has been started from 15th June 2018 via online mode only. To be eligible for 85% state quota seat candidates have to fill the application form of Assam MBBS 2018.
There is no state level medical entrance examination for admission in medical & dental colleges of Assam. So, candidates have to apply for NEET UG 2018. Candidates who are qualify the exam scoring equal or more the cutoff marks are eligible for admission procedure.
- Top Medical Colleges in India 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in Delhi 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in UP 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in WB 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in Chennai 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu 2018
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka 2018
Assam MBBS & BDS Admission 2018
- All Indian citizen can apply for Assam MBBS/BDS admission.
- Candidates of Assam origin must have domicile certificate.
Candidates whose parents are living permanently in the state of Assam for at least 20 years.
- Candidate must have studied from class 6th to 12th from a school locatedin Assam state.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age on 31 December 2018.
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with at least 50% in aggregate (40% for SC/ST category and 45% for SEBC). Candidates will have to also score at least 50% in Biology/Biotechnology in 12th standard.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Candidate must have qualified NEET 2018 with minimum percentile.
List Of Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2018 – 2019
|Colleges Name||MBBS Seats|
|Assam MBBS Colleges||MBBS Seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||170|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta, Assam||100|
|Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati||156|
|Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat||100|
|Silchar Medical College, Silchar||100|
|Tezpur Medical College & Hospital, Bihaguri||100|
The duration of this MBBS course is five and half years including one year of internship. The MBBS course begins with the basic clinical subjects such as biochemistry, physiology, anatomy, microbiology, pathology and pharmacology. In this course, candidates will be taught about what investigations will be useful for a patient and what are the best treatment options. Candidates also gain practical knowledge and practice of performing standard clinical procedures.
In case of any query related to Top Medical Colleges in Assam 2018, you can write to us in the comment section below.