B.Tech Architecture Engineering Course Admission, Eligibility, Fees
B.Tech Architecture Engineering or Bachelor of technology in architecture engineering is an undergraduate academic degree titled after the completion of a four years programmed studies. Architecture is the art of designing and building in their sociological, technical and environmental contexts.
The main objective of this course is to help the individual to develop creative confidence, which consists the freedom and courage to take creative risks; and the knowledge and skills to distinguish whether all their ideas have lasting value or not. They often work on projects with other professionals, including construction workers and architects. The course has a vast scope in future in terms of job and careers.
‘’ ARCHITECTURE IS JUST ART WE LIVE IN‘’
Important information regarding B. Tech Architecture Engineering course is summarized below in the table: –
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam followed by Counselling process or Direct admission|
|Major Entrance Test||JEE Main, NATA|
|Course Fee||INR 4 lac to 10 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 4 lac to 5 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Sleek, Hafele, Greenply|
B.TECH ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSION-
The eligibility criteria for B. tech architecture engineering is 12th passed with physics, chemistry and mathematics or equivalent with minimum 55% marks.
The admission process of this course is through entrance exams followed by counseling and direct admission. The major entrance exams is as follows-
• NATA- National aptitude test in architecture (NATA) which is conducted by national institute of advance studies in architecture. It is a national level of entrance exam conducted for admission to 5 year B. Arch degree courses at all recognized institutions across India.
• JEE MAIN– Joint entrance exam (JEE MAIN) conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in various disciplines in many renowned institutes in India.
SYLLABUS FOR B. TECH ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING-
The modules of B .Tech Architecture Engineering include physics, chemistry and fundamental of mathematics in addition with various computer aided software. Some of the subjects related to this course as prescribed by various universities are-
5. Basic engineering
6. Personality development
7. Engineering drawing
8. Computer literacy
9. Principles of environmental science
10. Environmental science
11. Architectural graphics
12. History of architecture
13. Basics designs and model making
14. Mechanical and electrical services in buildings
15. Earthquakes resistant buildings
16. Economy & sociology
17. Construction management
18. Interior design
19. Contemporary architecture
20. Real estate management
JOB TYPES OF B. TECH ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING
- Building inspector
- Landscape architect
- Sales engineer
- Art director
- Technical architect
- Building inspector and many more.
BENEFITS OF B. TECH ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING
1. Individuals can work with an architectural firm or under the supervision of a well established architect. Beside this, they can open their own firm or organization.
2. Government organizations offer jobs such as archaeological department, national building organizations, housing, department of railways, and ministry of defense and so on. Some of the other private organizations also hire the architects.
3. They also get the opportunity to work as a designer in the construction sites.
4. Lots of other jobs are also there in architect firms, companies, organizations etc.
5. They can work with an architectural firm or under the supervision of a well-established architect.
6. Students from this field can go for other sub domains of architecture engineering which includes safety management, environmental planning, interior designer and many others.
7. This course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.E, M. TECH, M.PHIL and PHD.
8. Students are in great demand as architecture companies are focusing greatly on eco friendly construction these days.
9. They can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges.
Top B.Arch Colleges in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology or NITs
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
- Government College of Architecture, Lucknow
- Government Engineering College, Trichur (School of Architecture)
- Government College of Architecture & Sculpture, Mamallapuram