Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Computer science engineering is one of the most popular undergraduate courses among engineering discipline. CSE (Computer Science Engineering) is also known as sub-field of electronics engineering that combine features of both the computer science and computer engineering programs. This course deals with the various topics related to computation such as algorithms, artificial intelligence, cryptography, numerical and symbolic computing, operating systems, software engineering, and programming languages.
The study of computer science engineering proves to be of immense interests to the upcoming youth. Now-a-days, this field has emerged as a separate engineering field.
“IN A WORLD THAT’S INCREASINGLY RUN ON TECHNOLOGY, COMPUTER SCIENCE IS A LIBERAL ART THAT EVERY STUDENT SHOULD BE EXPOSED TO REGARDLESS OF THEIR PATH IN LIFE”
- 1. Candidates who wish to pursue computer science engineering should have passed the higher secondary exam from a well known state or central board of education with physics, chemistry and mathematics as the primary subjects with minimum 55% aggregate. The individuals who have come across or are appearing for higher secondary exams can also appear in various entrance exams conducted by colleges and universities from time to time.
- 2. Those who wish to do post graduation in Computer Science Engineering should have a B. Tech degree with a minimum passing percentage in aggregate of the subjects studied at a degree level.
The procedure of taking admission in B. Tech Computer Science Engineering is through state level, national level and some other entrance exams followed by direct admission and counseling. Admission to this course is highly agonistic and selection is made on the basis of the marks acquired in +2 examinations and the merit in entrance exam conducted by competent authority. Some of the common entrance tests that aspirants need to crack to get admissions are-
- JEE MAIN (Joint Entrance Exam) – JEE MAIN is organized by the central board of secondary education in India. The scores obtained in this entrance is accepted by some of the prominent and top ranking institutes such as IIT’S (Indian Institute Of Technology), NIT’S (National Institute Of Technology), BIT Mesra, NSIT, MNNIT and many more.
- JEE ADVANCED – Another big entrance exam conducted by one of the seven zonal IIT’S under the guidance of the joint admission board (JAB). The score in this test is accepted by Indian school of mines (ISM) and all the IIT’S.
- VITEEE (Vellore Institute Of Technology And Engineering Entrance Exam)
- SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam) and many more.
Some entrance tests for B.Tech & M.Tech courses are listed here:
You can choose the Computer Science & Engineering, after 12th Science.
The academic criterion of Computer Science & Engineering is divided into three courses/programmes as follows:
- Diploma courses leading to the polytechnic diploma of 3 years duration.
- UG courses leading to the B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree of 4 years duration.
- PG courses leading to the M.Tech (Master of Technology) degree of 2 years duration.
Beside these, it is one of the broad research fields leading to the PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) degree
• Software Developers : Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
• Hardware Engineers : These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
• System Designer : Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
• System Analyst : Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
• Networking Engineers : Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
• DBA : DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
All Courses of computer science & engineering are listed here:
- Diploma in Computer Science and Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering (ME/M.Tech) in Computer Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Networking
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phill) in Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering has the expanded filed in order to the specialization.
- Computer architecture and organization
- Database systems
- Operating systems
- Foundations of Computer Systems
- Java Programming and Website Design
- E-Commerce & ERP and Multimedia Applications
Some job titles are listed here:
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- System Designer
- Engineering Support Specialist
- Academic Research Editor
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Dell Inc
- NEC Corporation
- Canon Inc
- Sun Microsystem
- Apple Inc
- ASUSTEK Computer Inc
- Acer Inc
- Lenovo Group Limited
IT sector is the higher salary provider sector. A fresher can get the initial package of 2 lakh per annum to 3 lakh per annum in India. In abroad, he can get the salary in six figures.
After gaining a minimum of 2 years experience you can get the salary just double of it.
There is no criterion of salary for the brilliant or an experienced candidate.