JoSAA Counselling 2018, JEE Main 2018 Counselling, Schedule & Procedure
josaa Counselling 2018 will be started from the month of June 2018. JEE Main is a national level examination. This exam is regulated by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is organized for providing admission into engineering & architecture courses. These courses are offered by the various government and private colleges of India.
The counselling procedure of JEE Main will be regulated by the JoSAA. JEE Main qualified candidates will be eligible for admissions into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs whereas JEE Advanced candidates will be able to apply for admissions into all participating institutes including IITs. The result of JoSAA 2018 counselling will be announced in online mode. The allotted candidates will have to verify their documents at the reporting centres Here, we have mentioned the detailed information about the jossa Counselling 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling
JEE Main 2018 Counselling will be organized by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The centralized counselling will be conducted through online mode. The JEE Main counselling registration (option entry) will be started from the third week of June 2018. Candidates who will qualify JEE Main Exam only they will be eligible to attend the counselling process for seat allocation in all the participating Colleges (except IITs & ISM). CSAB will organize the special counselling round for vacant seats.
JoSAA Counselling 2018
JoSAA Counselling 2018 will organize counselling for admission to 97 participating Institutions including IITs, ISM, NITs, IIITs, NSITs and other CFTIs. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will organize counselling for JEE Main (All India Rank) & JEE Advanced. JoSAA counselling will be started after the announcement of JEE Main & JEE Advanced result. The counselling will be organized in total seven rounds. All the activities related to counselling will be managed by JoSSA.
Important Dates of JoSAA 2018 Counselling
|Registration & filling choices||3rd week of June 2018|
|Last date for registration & filling choices||4th week of June 2018|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat allocation||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat acceptance||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round seat allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round seat allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
|Reporting to centre||2nd week of July 2018|
Seat Allotment and Rank List Announcement
The process of JoSAA seat allotment 2018 will be conducted by the authorities in online mode. The entire JoSAA 2018 allotment process will done based on the merit of the candidate and his/her preferred choices of participating colleges and course. JoSAA 2018 rank list will also be declared by the admission authorities. Those candidates who manage to meet the cutoff criteria will be listed out in the released rank list. The result of JoSAA 2018 counselling and seat allotment will be announced in online mode.
JEE Main Counselling Procedure 2018
JoSAA will conduct seven (7) rounds of allocation of seats for academic courses offered by the Institution under JoSAA 2018. The JEE Main counselling process comprises of the following steps:
Step 1- Online Registration
- Go to the official site.
- Enter “JEE Main 2018 Roll No.” & “Password”.
- Click on the Login button.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on “I Agree” button.
- Registration Form for JoSAA will be opened.
- Fill all the details carefully.
- Tick on the”Declaration” button.
- Now, Click on the “Submit” button.
- Read the filled information carefully.
- Click on the “Confirm Registration”.
Step 2- Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Now, Candidates have to select “Choice Available” option.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme.
- Now, Click on the “Choice Filling & Locking” option.
- Choose Colleges & Courses. Fill maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Arrange filled choices in decreasing order of the preferences.
- If candidates want to change the filled choice, then click on the “Choice Interchange” option.
- Now, click on the option “Choice Rearrange”.
- Arrange the colleges according to the preferences.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the “Multiple Deletion” option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option “Lock Choice”.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not change.
- Choice locking will be made after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3- Seat Allotment
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance
- Pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats.
- Candidates have to deposit the fee via SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Verify all the documents at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Step 5- Reporting to Allocated Institution
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
- Candidates who have allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting center of IITs.
Other Counselling Procedure
Other then above steps some other counselling process details are given below:
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Candidates, those accept the allotted seat & don’t want to participate in other counselling round.
- Float: Candidates who accept the allotted seat & want to get admission to a better college, they will select this option. They can participate in further counselling rounds.
- Slide: This option is for candidates, those accept the allotted seat & looking for the better option in the same institution. These candidates are considered for the other round of counselling.
- In case, candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide, etc option, they have to report at the alloted center for changes.
- No changes will be allowed in the last round of seat allocation.
- The slide & float option only given to the candidates, those not offered admission to their first preferences.
Withdraw of Seats:
- If candidates want to withdrawal their seats, they have to report at the reporting center before the sixth round of seat allocation.
- Candidates will not be considered for the further round of counselling process after withdraw option.
- After seat withdraw, the seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after deduction of Rs. 1000 as a processing charge.
- For seat withdraw process, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of cancelled cheque (same account) in a JPEG/JPG format. After that, download the withdrawal request letter.
- Candidates have to put their & parent signature in the withdrawal request letter & report to the reporting center.
Candidates have to bring the following original documents & a set of self-attested photocopies to the reporting center for verification. The documents are:
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Udertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment