Punjab B.Tech Counselling 2018
Punjab B.Tech Counselling 2018 is conducted every year by Punjab Technical University. Now PTU is called I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, which is situated in Jalandhar. PTU conducts an entrance test every year for the admission of candidates in various courses in PTU and its affiliated colleges. Through PTU CET 2018 students get counselling in courses like B. Tech, M. Tech. B. Pharm, M. Pharm, B. Arch, BHMCT, M. Arch, MBA, MCA, and MAM. It does not conduct any kind of entrance test for admission in the above mentioned courses. For admission in courses like B. Tech and B. Arch students are given admission on the basis of the marks scored in JEE Main 2018 & NATA 2018 respectively.
But the university still conducts entrance exam for few courses like M.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Food Science & Technology) & MA Journalism. Here, in this article you will be given complete information about Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018
Punjab B.Tech 2018 Counselling Schedule
The time table of Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018 is given in the chart below:
|S. No.||Events||Round 1 (JEE Main)||Round 2 (JEE Main)||On the basis of 10+2|
|1||Counselling fee submission||Second week of May 2018||First week of June 2018||First week of June 2018|
|2||Registration||First week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018|
|3||Rank preparation||First week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018|
|4||Filling of choices||First week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018|
|5||Result of seat allotment||Second week of June 2018||Third week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018|
|6||Reporting at allotted institutes||Second week of June 2018||Third week of June 2018||Second week of June 2018|
The eligibility criteria must be followed by a student to be eligible for taking part in the process of Punjab B.Tech Counselling 2018:
- The aspirants must be a citizen of India.
- The aspirants must have cleared JEE mains 2018.
- The aspirant must have passed 12th board exam of M.P. or many other recognized board.
- The aspirant of general category must have passed with 45% marks.
- The aspirant of SC/ST category must have passed 12th with 40 % marks.
- The aspirant must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as his compulsory subjects in 12th board.
- The optional subject that a student can have are Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or Computer Science.
- All the rules and regulation is subject to the government of Punjab.
- 85 % of the total seats are reserved for the candidates who are currently citizen of Punjab.
- 15% of the total seats are reserved for the candidates who lives outside of the Punjab.
- If any of the candidates belong to reserved category, they can claim for it.
Punjab B.Tech counselling procedure 2018
The aspirants have to follow below listed steps for taking part in the Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018:
- Counselling fees payment: aspirants have to first login on the link and fill required information. Then they have to pay counselling fee Rs. 2000 online by net banking, credit card, debit card etc. they can also pay cash by choosing any of the bank on the list given and take an e-receipt. They need to take e receipt of the online payment and take a print out of it. If they have paid in cash then they need to keep the receipt with them. The counselling fee in non-refundable for Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018.
- Registration: after successful payment of the Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018 fee, aspirants have to register themselves. The registration is done for online centralized counselling. During the process of registration, aspirants have to give information like JEE Main roll number, rank, name, date of birth, gender, category, contact number, address and email address etc. in section asked for. This should be done carefully because any of the submitted information cannot be undone.
- Choice Filling: While registering for the counselling students need to select fill their choices of courses & college. They need to select their preferred university or intuition and their preferred courses also. After doing all this they need to take out print out for further preferences. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of categories, merit, choices preferred by them and availability of seats.
- Result declaration: After successfully commencement for the counselling processes, the results will be declared that is the allotment of seat will be done. This will be informed to all the student through SMS sent on their number. They have to login in their account for getting the complete information of the allotment of the seat. Candidates you have got a provisional letter for allotted seat should keep it with themselves for further use.
- Reporting at the college allotted: after the allotment of the seat, aspirants have to report at the allotted college for document verification. After that they can pay the admission fee for admittance in the college. If any case the student fails to be report at the allotted college at the given time, his allotted seat would be cancelled.
PTU Admission 2018
After the declaration of the result of Punjab B. Tech Counselling 2018, the eligible student can take admission in the courses and the college which is allotted to them. The selected candidates have to appear in the allotted college tint e give time frame.
Documents Required At the Time of Admission
Candidates have to produce the given documents in original at the time of admission:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Diploma certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Allotment Letter
- Residence Certificate
- Counselling Fee Deposit Slip
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Two recent passport size photographs
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)
- NATA 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)