TNEA Counselling 2018, Schedule, Procedure & Documents Required
TNEA Counselling 2018 : TNEA 2018 Counselling is Released from 6th July 2018. TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) is a state level admission process which is regulated by the Anna University. It is organized for providing admission in B.Tech courses provided by various colleges in Tamil Nadu. No entrance test is organized by the university. Admission will be given on the basis of marks scored in the 12th examination. Here we have mentioned details about TNEA Counselling 2018 including schedule & procedure Process.
TNEA Counselling 2018
TNEA 2018 cut off has been released now. The cut off marks are the minimum marks which will be fixed by the Anna University to screen the candidates for further rounds of the admission process.
The certificate verification has been organized from 8th – 14th June 2018. At the time of certificate verification, the applicant should go to the TFC with a printed copy of registered application, all original certificates and photocopies of the original certificates for verification on the scheduled date and time at the assigned TFC as intimated
through the registered mobile number and e-mail.
TNEA 2018 Counselling Schedule Process
The counselling process is organized after the release of rank list. Here we have mentioned the tenative schedule of TNEA counselling 2018:
|Initial Payment Commences||26th June 2018|
|Choice Filling Starts||July 2018|
|Choice Locks Ends||July 2018|
|Tentative allotment||July 2018|
|Allotment Option Submission Ends||July 2018|
|Final Allotment||July 2018|
|Report for admission||July 2018|
TNEA 2018 Counselling Procedure
TNEA 2018 is a mode through which lakhs of students are admitted into Tamil Nadu engineering colleges through a single window counselling process. From 2018, the counselling process will be conducted online for the first time. To facilitate the process, around 44 centres will be set up across 32 districts of Tamil Nadu. Based on the area and number of applicants, each district will have one or more TNEA Facilitation Centres (TFCs) to help students through all the counselling stages.
The counseling procedure for TNEA mostly commences in the third week of June.
TNEA Counselling 2018 process will be conducted in three phases:
- Registration and Application: To begin with, aspirants will have to register for TNEA counselling process online by paying Rs. 500 (250 for SC/SCA/ST). Candidates who do not have an internet connection can head straight to the TFCs which will help them register for the exam.
- Certificate Verification: In the second stage, candidates will be required to go to the TFCs with their application, original certificates and their photocopies. Students will be given a week’s time to choose the closest TFC which can be in any district across the state. During this time, students will also be handed out a booklet with information of all colleges, seats and courses. This handbook will also be available online. Besides this, a video too will be displayed at the TFCs instructing the process to guide students.
- Counselling Process: The third phase will comprise of five rounds. Each round will be held over 5 days where candidates will have three days to enter their tentative option (college/course). They may take the next two days to confirm the allotment given to them. Students will have the option to carry this process online but they can also approach the TFCs for the same. At this stage, aspirants will be required to pay a sum of Rs. 5,000 ( 1,000 for SC/SCA/ST) as initial deposit for college admissions.
During each stage, SMS as well as an email alert will be sent to candidates. Further details about TNEA 2018 counselling process is yet to be declared.
Documents Required for TNEA Counselling 2018
Candidates must carry their original documents along with photocopies for verification. Documents required for verification are listed below:
- 10thclass mark sheet
- 12thclass or equivalent mark sheet
- 12thclass hall ticket
- Transfer certificate
- Permanent community certificate (for reserved categories)
- Nativity certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling call letter
- Passport size photographs