TNEA 2018 : Anna University, Important Dates, Schedule, Eligibility
TNEA 2018 is going to be conducted in the first month of June-July 2018. TNEA is abbreviated form of Tamil Nadu engineering Admission. TNEA is conducted by Anna University, Chennai. It does not organize any kind of entrance test for the admission of students in any of the engineering colleges.
TNEA is procedure of admission in engineering courses in Tamil Nadu. The procedure does not involve any kind of written test. The admission is based on the marks scored by a student in his 12th board. This engineering courses are offered by the various colleges of Tamil Nadu. TNEA 2018 will be discussed in this article in details.
TNEA 2018 Admission Dates:
In the chart given below, we have given the important dates related to TNEA 2018:
|Notification Release Date||24th April 2018|
|Application form Availability Date||3rd May 2018|
|Form Filling Last Date||30th May 2018|
|Commencement of Certificates verification at TFC’s||1st week of June 2018|
|Commencement of online choice filling & confirmation||
1st week of July 2018
The process of admission in engineering college of Tamil Nadu is described in this section in detail. The candidate who seeks to get an admission in any of the colleges of Tamil Nadu should go through this article carefully.
First of all candidates need to register themselves online on the official website of the TNEA 2018.
Payment of the application fee:
Candidates need to pay the application fee after the process of registration. The payment can be done only in online mode. Candidate can use debit card, credit card or net banking or any other online payment method for this. No offline mode of payment is available. Application fee varies with candidate’s category. The application fee for SC/SCA/ST category is Rs.250. except that the application fee for general category is Rs. 500.
Filling of Personal Details:
In this section candidates need to fill information related to himself like name of parent/guardian, nationality, religion, community, category, etc.
- Applying for First Graduate Tuition Fee Concession?
- Already First Graduate Tuition Fee Concession availed in the family?
- Applying for AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme?
- Applying for Post Matric Scholarship?
- Medium of Instruction
- Mother Tongue
- Occupation of Parent/Guardian
- Civic Status of Native Place
- Civic Status of Place of School
- Native District
Filling of Academic details:
In this section candidates need to fill details like their marks in 10th and 12th standard along with the boards and the respective roll no.
Application form view and Printout:
In this step, candidates can preview the final application form. Preview ensures them by letting them check whole form. This helps as candidate can check any of error entered. And change it. After final submission no change can be made. Now, candidates should take out the print of the application form for further use.
Document required for verification
The document required for verification is given below:
- TNEA 2018 application form
- Mark sheet of Class 10 and 10+2
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC and DNC, BC and BCM
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Nativity certificate in electronic form (if applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate, if applicable
- In case of Special Reservation, relevant documents as specified