BITSAT 2018 Application Form : Admit Card, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus.
BITSAT 2018 Application Form has been Released on 01 May 2018. BITSAT 2018 is also referred as Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. It is a university level examination, which is organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. BITSAT exam is an online based examination conducted for providing admissions to all the degree courses offered by BITS and its other campuses.
Through BITSAT 2018, students will get admission in engineering, pharmacy & science courses. BITSAT 2018 Admit Card has been released on 12th April 2018. Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2018 exam, including slot booking, admit card, exam pattern, important dates, etc.
BITSAT has eligibility criteria which is mandatory for a student has to follow in order to appear at the entrance exam of it, this need to be fulfilled to be eligible for BITSAT. The entitled criteria are given below:
- From a recognized board or equivalent to it a student need to be passed through higher secondary exam that is 12th board with stream science and subjects Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- The student must have got total 80 % marks including subjects physics, chemistry and math all aggregated to be qualifying the 12th boards except this the student must have got 60% marks in each of the above mentioned subjects.
- Even if a student has not scored well in BITSAT, if he has got first rank in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics in CBSE or any other board, irrespective of this he would be selected and considered as qualified.
- Students who are appearing in 12t board or who have passed the exam in the last year are eligible for the BITSAT
- The students whom passing year is 2 years back or even more than that of the BITSAT are considered are as unqualified.
- The students who are already studying in any of the colleges of BITS are not qualified for BITSAT.
After a student is able to qualify all these criteria he would be able to appear at BITSAT. After applying online a student is sent his admit card with which he has to appear at the online exam center where he has to give the exam.
It is an online test of entrance in BITS, which is one and only of it’s in India. Its timing is three hours; it has a syllabus like other engineering entrance test which a student needs to go through to pass the exam. The student must have got marks more than cut off marks to be eligible for admission BITS colleges.
BITSAT Important Dates
Official exam dates of BITSAT 2018 Registration Form are given here:
|Application Form release||19th December 2017|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT exam||19th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Editing in the application form||15th – 19th March 2018|
|Exam centre allotment||21st March 2018|
|Slot booking||23rd March – 5th April 2018|
|Hall ticket release||12th April – 10th May 2018|
|Exam date||16th – 31st May 2018|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks||1st May – 18th June 2018|
|Admit list & wait list release||20th June 2018|
BITSAT Admit Card 2018
Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2018 Admit Card:
- The admit card has ben released through online mode.
- Candidates can book their slot from 23rd March to 5th April 2018.
- Admit card is available from 12th April to 10th May 2018.
- Successfully registered candidates can download the admit card through the website.
- Without admit card, candidates are not permitted to sit in the examination.
- The admit card contain details like candidate’s name, exam date & timing, exam venue, etc.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Duration:The duration will be total three hours (without break).
- Exam Mode:The exam will be conducted in computer based mode.
- Type of Question:The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme:Three marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking:One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Number of Question:Total 150 questions will be asked.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2019 examination will be organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. It is conducted to offer admission to engineering, pharmacy and science courses in different specializations. It is a university level examination. Through this exam, candidates can get admission at BITS, Pilani, K.K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus.
The syllabus will be based on the NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th standard. The syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. The detailed BITSAT syllabus is mentioned here:
Complex numbers, The fundamental theorem of algebra, Theory of Quadratic equations, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, Logarithms and their properties, Exponential series, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle, etc.
States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electro chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, etc.
Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, etc.
Diversity in Living World, Cell – The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, etc.
Binary Logic, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal Reasoning, Analogy, Puzzle Test, Syllogism, Classification Test, Alphabet Test, Eligibility Test, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Analogies, Syllogisms, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Conclusion, Composition, Comprehension, Word Formation, etc.