GATE 2019: Notification, Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
GATE 2019 Full Notification has been released now. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising of Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
The GATE score/rank is used for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes (ME, M.Tech, MS, direct PhD) in institutes like IIT and IIScetc with financial assistance offered by MHRD. PSUs too use the GATE scores for recruiting candidates for various prestigious jobs with attractive remuneration.. Through this article, candidates can get complete information about GATE 2019 including pre-examination (application submission, eligibility, exam centers, etc.), examination (pattern, marks/score, etc.) & post-examination (answers, results, scorecard, etc.) sections.
GATE 2019 Important Exam Schedule.
Here, we have updated official schedule for GATE entrance exam 2019.
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||1st September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||21st September 2018|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||16th November 2018|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after examination|
|Announcement of Results||16th March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
New Changes Formate in GATE 2019
There are some major changes has been done for the GATE 2019 examination, which are mentioned below:
- The GATE 2019 examinationwill be conducted for total 24 papers. A new paper Statistics(Code – ST) has been added.
- Students will also get an opportunity to submit the application formafter the due date.
- IIT, Madrasis the conducting authority of GATE 2019 examination.
GATE 2019 Registration Schedule.
Candidates can check this section to know complete details about the application form:
- Candidates will register & fill application only through online modeon the official website.
- GATE 2019 application form will be available from 1st September 2018 to 21st September 2018.
- Upload yourscanned images such as photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Candidates also have to upload certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate and/or Dyslexic certificate (if applicable).
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam citiesas examination centres.
- Candidates also have to fill ID numberspecified in any of the following, i.e. Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID.
- There will be no need to send any hard copyof application/documents to the officials.
- Candidates should take a print copyof GATE application form 2019 for further references.
GATE Application Fee:
- The application fee will be deposited through online modeby using either net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable.
- The fee details are given below in the table:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20|
GATE 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility to appear for GATE exam is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|Engineering||26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Question: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3hrs|
|Technical Section:70 Marks||General Aptitude:15 Marks||Engineering Mathematics:15 Marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
These questions are objective in nature, and each question will have choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer. Each question carries 1 or 2 marks questions in all the sections.
Numerical Answer Question
There will be no choices available for these types of questions. A Numeric Answer question carries 1 or 2 marks questions in all sections. The answer for these questions is a real number, to be entered by using mouse and virtual keypad displayed on the monitor. NO negative marking for these questions.
|Question Type||Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||1 mark||0.33|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||2 marks||0.66|
|Numerical Answer Question||1 mark||Nil|
|Numerical Answer Question||2 marks||Nil|
GATE Syllabus 2019
GATE 2019 syllabus for each of the papers is different. GATE exam will be organized for 24 papers/subjects. The syllabus has been released by the conducting authority separately for each paper in a PDF format. These papers & detailed syllabus are:
- Statistics (ST):Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
- General Aptitude (GA):Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE):Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Biotechnology (BT):Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG):Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR):Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH):Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY):Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC):Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE):Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY):Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG):Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME):Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA):Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN):Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT):Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE):Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH):Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI):Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF):Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
Preparation strategy for GATE
How to prepare for GATE 2019?
The GATE exam is not very easy to crack and requires a smart study plan, focus and grit to score well. Practical and in-depth knowledge of concepts and theories is very essential to fetch high marks. The GATE examination has multiple choice and numerical type of questions, hence it requires lot of practice to score high marks.
Previous year question papers can help a lot. A thorough Practice can help to analyze weak areas and you can concentrate on revising them. Also, time your speed of solving the papers to get accustomed to attempting within the allotted time.
Concentrate on both theory as well as numerical problems.
The topics that carry more weightage must be prepared thoroughly to get you a high score.
- Keep a list of important definitions, derivations, equations, theorems of every subject as a ready recknor.
- You can also study in groups, especially technical topics since that will help you learn faster. It will also help you find new skills and techniques of learning and understanding.
- Since, the exam has negative marking, avoid risks with wild guesses.
- Attempt linked and common data questions with great caution and alertness
GATE 2019 Admit Card
In this section, we are providing details about GATE admit card 2019 releasing date, mode & other details:
- Candidates will get admit card through onlinemode by entering their enrollment ID/email address & password.
- There will be no facility to send admit cards by post or email to the candidates.
- Downloading of GATEHall Ticket 2019 will be started from 4th January 2019.
- Before examination start, biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) will be captured for randomly selected candidates.
- On the day of the examination, candidates must bring original ID proof (specified in application) along with admit card.
- Candidates should download admit card in color print.
GATE Result 2019
Through this section, candidates can get information about result & scorecard including date, mode, etc.
- Candidates will check GATE 2019 result on 16th March 2019.
- The result will be declared only through online mode.
- It can be viewed by entering enrollment number/registration number & date of birth.
- No result/rank will be sent through offline mode or any other mode.
GATE 2019 Score Card
The scorecard will be made available only to qualified candidates. It will be released after result declaration.
- GATE score card 2019 will be valid for three years after the announcement of the result.
- Candidates should download their scorecard from 20th March to 31st March 2019.
- If candidates require a soft copy of it after the last date, they have to pay Rs. 500 for obtaining the same till last week of December 2019.
GATE Cut Off Marks
|S. NO.||GATE Paper||GATE Paper code||No. of candidates appeared||Qualifying Marks(UR)||Qualifying Marks(OBC-NCI)||Qualifying Marks(SC/ST/PWD)|
|1||Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||wait..||25.00||22.50||16.60|
|2||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||wait..||25.00||22.50||16.60|
GATE Counselling 2019
- No centralized counselling will be organized by the authority for admission to PG courses.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each IIT.
- CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan admissions) will be conducted for admission to all NITs & several other centrally funded Institutions.
- GATE 2019 Counselling will be started in the month of April 2019 through online mode.
- Candidates, those have a valid GATE 2017/2018/2019 scorecard, they can apply for counselling.
- At the time of counselling registration, candidates have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- Allotment of the seat will be done on the basis of rank, filled choices, category, availability of seats, etc.