GCET 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
GCET 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. GCET 2018 is a state level entrance exam managed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. GCET exam is conducted for offering admission to the students in architecture, engineering and many other courses. Various colleges & institutions of Goa state consider the GCET score for providing admissions into various courses.
Admission to MBBS will be based on the NEET 2018 scores and admission to B.Arch course will be done on the basis of score obtained in NATA exam. Candidates can get the details about GCET 2018 including application form, exam dates, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
GCET Notifications 2018 – Exam Dates Released
GCET 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. The exam will be conducted on 8th May (for Physics & Chemistry) and 9th May (for Mathematics). Admissions into MBBS, BDS & other allied medical courses will be done through NEET 2018
GCET Exam Dates
|Releasing of Application Form||Last week of March 2018|
|Last Date of submission of Application Form & Collecting Admit Card||1st week of April 2018|
|Last Date of submission of Application Form & Collecting Admit Card (with late fee)||Last week of April 2018|
|Exam Date||8th May (Physics & Chemistry) & 9th May (Mathematics)|
|Result Published||1st week of June 2018|
|Starting of Counselling||June 2018|
GCET Application Form 2018
The detailed application process is given below:
- Download the application form and take printout of it.
- Candidates must fill the application form in their own handwriting.
- The GCET application form will be available in the last week of March 2018.
- Candidates are required to fill all details in the application form carefully.
- Paste recent photograph in the application form.
- Attach all the required documents like DD, qualifying exam certificates, etc. with the application form.
- Candidates have to submit the application form at the notified locations (as per centre opted), on specified dates, along with self attested copies of required documents.
- The application fee of GCET 2018 will be Rs. 1500/-.
- Candidates have to submit the application fee by making Demand Draft.
- The late fee will be charged if the candidate will fill the form after the last date of submission of application form.
- The demand draft should be made in favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji from any scheduled bank.
Before filling the application form candidates can check their eligibility criteria given below:
Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
Non-resident Indians with valid passport can also apply under seat reserved for NRI category.
Overseas citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible for admissions to seats under NRI category.
Age limit Criteria:
Homeopathy, Ayurveda, allied Health Sciences, Dentistry and Nursing: candidates must have completed their 17 years of age as or on 31st December of the year of admission.
Pharmacy, Engineering and Architecture: There is no age limit, minimum or maximum has been mentioned for admission in these courses.
- BHMS & AHS: Must pass the 10+2 of Goa Board or its equivalent examination with English with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects with minimum 50% marks for general, 40% marks for SC/ST and OBS.
- B.Sc Nursing: Candidates must pass HSSC with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 45% marks aggregate and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC.
- Engineering: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent with English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with additional subject among one of them Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/Chemistry.Must have secured 45% for general & 40% for reserved categories.
- B.Pharma: Passed 12th or equivalent exam with English, Chemistry & Physics as compulsory subjects & any one of the following Bio-Technology, Mathematics, Biology & Computer Science.
- B.Arch: Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Mathematics subjects securing 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST & OBC). Candidates must have qualified the NATA exam.
GCET Exam Pattern
- Number of Questions: Each paper will be consisting of 75 questions.
- Exam Duration: Two hours will be given for each paper.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Question Paper Pattern: The pattern of the question paper will be based on OMR sheet.
- Type of Question: it will consist of Multiple Choice Question.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GCET syllabus will be prepared on the basis of Goa 11th & 12th standard syllabus. The syllabus will consist of four main subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The whole question paper will only be asked from only these subjects. Candidates can go through these subjects and their important topics.
GCET Preparation Tips
- Firstly, make a time-table for your studies.
- Manage your time as per the subjects mentioned in the syllabus.
- Choose the right study material available in the market or in the internet.
- Practice from previous years question papers it will help you to understand the exam pattern.
- To prepare well for the examination, you have to take care of your help.
- Take nutritious diet and do exercise and yoga to stay fit.
GCET Hall Ticket 2018
Candidates those successfully submitted the application form can get their admit card.
GCET Admit card will be issued to candidates in person after submitting the application.
Candidates must produce the “Photo Admit card” for appearing in the examination.
It is informed to the candidates to check the all details of the exam mentioned on the admit card.
GCET Result 2018
GCET 2018 result will be published in the first week of June 2018.
Candidates those appeared in the examination can check their results via online mode through the website.
Individual score card will not be given to any candidate.
On the basis of result, the merit list will be prepared for providing admission.
GCET Counselling 2018
After the result announcement, candidates have to fill the application form (B) at notified location.
Separate merit list will be prepared for all the courses as per the marks scored in the examination.
Students will be invited for counselling on the basis of merit list.
In the GCET admission process, the shortlisted candidates have to present in person at the notified centre.
At the time of admission, candidates have to bring their original required documents.
If candidates fail to appear for the admission rounds, their seats will be offered to other candidates in the merit list.