JEE Advanced 2018 Registration: Application form, Eligibility, How to Apply
JEE Advanced 2018 registration will be available from 2nd May 2018. Joint Entrance Exam Advanced is conducted by the IITs on rotation basis. This year, the exam is conducted by the IIT, Kanpur. It is a national level entrance exam to get admission in UG, Integrated PG and UG-PG Dual Degree courses offered by IITs and ISM.
Through this exam, candidates can get admission in Engineering, Architecture, Sciences and Pharmaceutics fields. In this article, candidates may get the core information about JEE Advanced 2018 registration form including fee structure, eligibility criteria, application dates & FAQs and how to fill application procedure.
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration : online Registration
- IIT JEE 2018 Registration will be done through online mode.
- The online registration process will start from 2nd May 2018.
- The last date to register online will be 7th May 2018.
- At the time of registration, candidates have to fill personal details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, JEE Main roll number, Password (generated at the time registration) and some other details.
- Before applying, candidates must keep ready the scanned images of the signature, left hand thumb impression and photograph in the specified format.
- At last, don’t forget to keep the printout of the completed application form for future references.
- There is no need to send the printed application to the CBSE board.
JEE Advanced Registration Fee:
Candidates can pay the registration fee through online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode. The fee is neither refundable nor transferable. The fee details are given below:
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|ST/SC/PwD candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2600 + GST**|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 160 + GST** (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 300 + GST** (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration Dates
Official application dates of JEE Advanced 2018 are given below:
|Commencement of online registration||2nd May 2018|
|Closing date of online registration||7th May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||10th & 11th June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Date||14th June 2018|
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for JEE Advanced 2018 by following the steps given below:
- Access the official website of JEE Advanced (link will be provided above).
- Read all the instructions carefully before applying.
- Click on “Proceed to Register Online” link.
- Fill the required registration details carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, thumb impression and certificates like Class X passing certificate/DOB proof, Category, PwD, Scribe Request Letter, etc.
- After payment of fee, take a printout of the completed form and preserve it for future record.
Before register for the examination, candidates must check their eligibility criteria first. If candidates will not satisfy the given eligibility criteria, their registration will be cancelled.
- Indian Citizenof India can apply for this exam.
- PIO/OCIcandidates can also apply
JEE Main 2018:
- For JEE Advanced 2018, India nationals (including OCI/PIO) have to appear JEE Main
Performance in JEE Main 2018:
- Candidates should be among the top 2, 24,000(including all categories) by securing positive marks in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2018.
- Age Limit:Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Relaxation:There is five year relaxation for SC/ST/PwD categories. These candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1988.
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates must appear for JEE Advanced exam (IIT JEE Exam) a maximum of two times in a consecutive years.
- Candidates, those appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 for the first time, they are also eligible.
Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent):
- Candidates should appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination for the first time in either year 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates, those 10+2 or equivalent examination result for the year 2015-2016 were announced after June 2016, they are also eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Candidates should not been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not they continued in the program me) or accepted the IIT seat by reporting at the reporting centre in the past. Candidates, those admission at IITs was cancelled, they are also not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates who are admitted to a preparatory program me in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017, they can apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates, those have paid the seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018.
Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Examination:
- Candidates have to score minimum 75% aggregate marks(65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates, those appeared in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the best of two performances will be considered.