JEE Advanced 2018: Important Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
JEE Advanced 2018 Mock Test has been released now. It is organized for admission to the undergraduate courses leading to a UG, Integrated PG or UG-PG Dual Degree. These courses are offered in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. JEE Advanced 2018 is a national level entrance exam managed by the IIT, Kanpur. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into IITs & ISM. This IIT JEE exam is the second stage of JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination). JEE Advanced 2018 Poster has been published officially. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about JEE Advanced 2018.
New Changes in JEE Advanced 2018:
For the year 2018, some new changes have been announced in the JEE Advanced exam which are mentioned below:
- The exam will be conducted through online mode
- Top 2, 24, 000 scorersof JEE Main 2018 will be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Hike in JEE advanced fee after GST.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Dates
Here, we are providing official schedule of JEE Advanced exam dates 2018. Check important dates below:
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of April 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018
Paper 1: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||Last week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Released||1st week of June 2018|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||3rd week of June 2018|
JEE Advanced Registration 2018
IT JEE application form information is given below:
- Candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2018 through online mode only.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Registration will be started from the 4th week of April 2018.
- Candidates will fill & submit the application form till the 1st week of May 2018.
- No other mode will be entertained to get the JEE Advanced application form.
- During registration, candidates have to upload their scanned imagesin a given format.
- Keep the printout of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 for future use.
- Candidates fill the application form correctly, no correction will be allowed after form submission.
Candidates can pay the registration fee through online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode. The fee is neither refundable nor transferable. The fee details are given below:
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|ST/SC/PwD candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST**|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2600 + GST**|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 160 + GST** (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 300 + GST** (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Note: ** Exact GST amount will be specified as per Government of India rules at the time of registration.
Before register for the examination, candidates must check their eligibility criteria first. If candidates will not satisfy the given eligibility criteria, their registration will be cancelled.
- Indian Citizenof India can apply for this exam.
- PIO/OCIcandidates can also apply
JEE Main 2018:
- For JEE Advanced 2018, India nationals (including OCI/PIO) have to appear JEE Main
Performance in JEE Main 2018:
- Candidates should be among the top 2, 24,000(including all categories) by securing positive marks in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2018.
- Age Limit:Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Relaxation:There is five year relaxation for SC/ST/PwD categories. These candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1988.
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates must appear for JEE Advanced exam (IIT JEE Exam) a maximum of two times in a consecutive years.
- Candidates, those appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 for the first time, they are also eligible.
Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent):
- Candidates should appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination for the first time in either year 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates, those 10+2 or equivalent examination result for the year 2015-2016 were announced after June 2016, they are also eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Candidates should not been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not they continued in the program me) or accepted the IIT seat by reporting at the reporting centre in the past. Candidates, those admission at IITs was cancelled, they are also not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates who are admitted to a preparatory program me in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017, they can apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates, those have paid the seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018.
Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Examination:
- Candidates have to score minimum 75% aggregate marks(65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates, those appeared in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the best of two performances will be considered.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
- Date of Exam:The examination will be organized on 20th May 2018.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- of Papers: The exam will be comprised of two papers (Paper 1 & 2). Both papers are compulsory.
- Attempts: Candidates have to attempt boththe papers.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English & Hindi
- Exam Duration: The duration of each paper will be3 hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objectivetype questions (multiple choice and numerical answer type).
- Subjects: The question paper of both the paper will consist of the three separate sections which include Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) exam will be conducted for the candidates who want to get admission to the B.Arch course. Candidates have to appear for the AAT examination. Candidates, those qualified the JEE Advanced 2018 exam only they are eligible to apply for this test. To apply for this exam, candidates have to register themselves through online mode. The exam duration of AAT exam will be three hours. Candidates, those secure marks above than the cut-off marks will be considered as qualifies for the exam. No separate rank list will be made for AAT.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus will consist of three subjects such as Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Candidates, those want to apply for architecture program me offered by the IITs, they have to appear in AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) exam. The syllabus of AAT exam will comprised of some extra syllabus like free hand drawing, architectural awareness, geometrical drawing, etc. The syllabus is mentioned here:
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness