JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018, Syllabus, AAT Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018: The online exam consists of 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are compulsory.
JEE Advanced used to be held in offline mode but from 2018, the exam will be conducted in computer-based mode. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is held separately after JEE Advanced Paper 1 and 2.
- Paper 1 and 2 comprise 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The duration of each paper of JEE Advanced is 3 hours.
- Negative marking prevails in the online examination.
- The question paper will consist of objective type (MCQs and NAT) questions.
- The papers will be set in English and Hindi languages.
JEE Advanced is conducted by seven Zonal Coordinating IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). IIT Kanpur is the organising institute of JEE Advanced 2018. The exam is scheduled for May 20, 2018 in India and abroad. Check JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern of JEE Advanced is not fixed. The organising IIT decides and changes exam pattern every year but no major change is made in the previous years. Like the previous years, it’s expected that paper pattern would also have full marking, partial marking, zero marking and negative marking.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018
- Date of Exam: The exam will be held on 20th May 2018.
- Exam Mode: The IIT JEE Advanced exam will be conducted through online (Computer Based)mode only.
- Number of Papers: The examination consists of 2 papers. It is mandatory for the candidates to attempt both the papers.
- Number of Sections: There are 3 separate sections in both the papers, namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Question Paper Type: The question papers will contain objective type that includes MCQ as well as numerical answer type questions.
- Exam Timings: Total 3 hours will be provided to each paper. Timings for papaer-1 will be 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and for paper-2, the timings will be 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Language: The candidates can avail the question papers in both English and Hindi medium (mention the question paper medium at the time of registration).
- Marking Scheme: There is a procedure of negative marking for some of the questions.
|Paper||Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Total No of Marks||Max. Marks (Per question)||Negative Marking|
AAT Syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018
Drawing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
It includes three-dimensional forms of building elements with specifications such as colour, volume and orientation. It also includes visualization of structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through the innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. The sense of colour grouping or application.
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
It includes simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in appropriate scale. Candidates are asked to draw objects related to day to day life such furniture, utensils etc.
Candidates preparing for JEE Advanced 2018 can refer to previous year sample papers and mock test to get an idea of the type of questions and important topics. They can also refer to following books for JEE Advanced Preparation.
|Book Name||Author/Publisher Name|
|JEE Crash Course||Byju’s|
|Concept of Physics vol II||H.C. Verma|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Inorganic Chemistry by IIT JEE||O.P Tondon|