JEE Main Application Form 2020: Process, Date, Fee, Eligibility Criteria, How To apply
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will release JEE Main 2020 application form tentatively on September 3, 2019 for January session. The application process will include JEE Mains 2020 registration, filling JEE Main application form, uploading of documents and scanned images, payment of application fee and take a printout of the application form. For JEE Main 2020 registration, candidates must check the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authority. The JEE Main registration fees can be paid in online (debit/credit/net banking) and offline (e-challan) modes.
Candidates who wish to appear in the exam, have to complete their JEE Main registrations 2020 by the last week of September. The login details of JEE Main 2020 application form will be generated after the registration is completed. While filling the JEE Main application form 2020, the candidates will have to provide valid personal, academic and communication details as well as details of a valid photo ID. Payment of JEE Main fee can be done online through net banking/credit card/debit card) and offline through SBI e-challan. After the application process is completed, a confirmation page is generated to be printed by candidates. Read the full article to know the detailed procedure to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020.
Dates of JEE Main 2020 Application Form (January Session)
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Start of JEE Main Registration 2020||September 3, 2019|
|2||Last Date to Submit Application Form||Last week of September 2019|
|3||Final Date to Pay JEE Main Application Fee||First week of October 2019|
|4||Announcement of Allotted Shift and Exam Date||First week of October 2019|
|5||JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction Period||Second to Third week of October 2019|
|6||JEE Main 2020 January Examination||Second week of January 2020|
JEE Main Application 2020 Dates (April Session)
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Release of JEE Main 2020 Application Form||Second week of February 2020|
|2||Final Date for Registration||First week of March 2020|
|3||Last Date for Fee Payment||Second week of March 2020|
|4||Correction of Application Form||Second week of March 2020|
|5||JEE Main 2020 April Examination||Second week of April 2020|
Filling JEE Main Application Form 2020
There are a few things which the candidates are advised to keep ready before filling the application form of JEE Main 2020. This will allow the candidates to have a smooth registration process for JEE Main and will have less chance of glitches.
- For fee payment – debit card/credit card/net banking details
- Email ID and mobile number
- Details about identity proof such as passport/Aadhaar card/voter ID/ration card etc.
- Scanned images of candidate’s photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
- 10th and 12th standard academic details.
Specifications for Scanned Documents
|File Size||10 KB to 200 KB||4 KB to 30 KB|
|File Dimension||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||3.5 cm x 1.5cxm|
The following web browsers are good choices while filling JEE Main application form 2020:
- Google Chrome 3.0
- Mozilla 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
Steps to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The application form of JEE Main 2020 for January session will be available tentatively from September 2, 2019 while for the April session, it will be available tentatively in the second week of February 2020. Candidates must register before they can fll the JEE Main application form. The following steps can be checked to know how fill the application form of JEE Main 2020.
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Filling of Application Form
Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Documents
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fee
Step 5 – Print out of Acknowledgement Page
Step 1 – JEE Main Registration: This is the first step in the JEE Main application process. The registration link will be active on jeemain.nic.in. Candidates will have to enter the following details to proceed and fill the JEE Main application form 2020:
- State of Eligibility
- Identification Type (Aadhaar Card/Student ID/Passport/Ration Card/Bank Account)
- Identification ID
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
Note: For the April session, candidates who had applied for JEE Main 2020 January session will be able to use the same credentials for registration.
Step 2 – Filling of Application Form of JEE Main: After successful registration, candidates can move to fill the JEE Main application form 2020. The following details have to be submitted by candidates:
- Examination Related Details – Candidates will have to select their choice of paper ( JEE Main Paper 1 or 2 or both). The preferred choice of language (English/Hindi/Gujarati) for the examination must also be selected.
- Personal Information – Next, the candidates will have to provide personal details such as name, category, name of mother and father, person with disability or not etc.
- Academic Details –Candidates will have to give information about their performance in 10th and 12th standard qualifying examination including school details, roll numbers, pass percentage if applicable.
- Communication Information –Details about the candidate’s address has to be provided. The details do not have to match with the information in the Aadhaar card.
- Guardian Details –Information about the candidates’ guardian/parent such as their occupation, qualification, annual income and more has to be provided.
- Selection of Exam Centres –Four cities have to be selected by the candidates in the order of preference. from the given list of exam centres.
JEE Main Common Service Centres (CSCs)
Candidates who are not well-versed with the online process of filling JEE Main application forms can take the help of Common Service Centres set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is using the services of 1.5 lakh Common Service Centres, to help students from urban as well as rural areas, fill JEE Main application form, pay the fees, upload documents, download admit card and more by charging a nominal fee + GST.
The Common Service Centres will provide the listed below services at the charges mentioned against each service:
|Services||Service Charges per transaction (GST applicable @ 18%)|
|Preparing e-mail, submission of application form & taking a printout till fee payment (including uploading of scanned images )||Rs. 25/-+GST|
|Uploading of scanned images only||Rs. 10/-+GST|
|On-line payment of Fee||Rs. 0.5% of Fee +GST|
|Downloading of admit card/ OMR answer sheet/Answer key||Rs. 10+GST|
|Online claim for responses/ answer key||Rs. 25+GST|
|Printout per page||Rs. 5+GST|