JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018: Details of Paper 1 & Paper 2
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 indicates the exam mode, type of question, marking scheme, etc. The JEE Main exam is a national level examination, which is organized to provide admissions in undergraduate engineering and architecture courses provided by NITs, IIITs and IITs. It is conducted in two parts i.e. paper 1 for engineering and paper 2 for architecture. Paper-1 is conducted in online as well as offline mode while paper-2 is conducted in offline mode only. Through this article we are providing the detailed information about JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
JEE Main 2018 examination will be organized on 8th April 2018 (Pen Paper Based Exam) & 15th & 16th April 2018 (Online exam). The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Pattern:
Check the JEE Main 2018 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- Courses: The paper-1 of JEE Main 2018 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online or offline mode. A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer Based examination mode.
- Subjects: JEE Main Paper 1 will contain questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics subjects.
- Number of Questions: It will contain total 90 objective type questions. Weightage to all subjects are given equal. Total 30 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Question Paper Medium: For all exam cities centres, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 negative marking for every incorrect answer i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern:
- Courses: The paper-2 of JEE Main 2018 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate architecture courses.
- Exam Mode: The mode of exam for paper-2 is offline only. No online mode is available for this paper.
- Subjects: The JEE Main Paper 2 will comprises of three parts which are mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test.
- Number of Questions: This paper will consist total 50 questions for aptitude test, 2 questions for drawing test and 30 questions from mathematics.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability.
- Question Paper Medium: Question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium.
- Marking System: Each objective type question will carry 4 marks for the correct response and 2 drawing questions contains total 70 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response 1/4 of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted from the total score.
Schedule of Examination
The examination schedule for offline examination (Pen and Paper Based Examination) for Paper 1(B. E./B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B.Arch./B. Planning.) are given below:
|8th April 2018||Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|15th April & 16th April 2018||Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (1st Shift)
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (2nd Shift)
If you have any queries related to JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018, you may leave your queries in the comment box given below.