KEAM 2018: CEE Kerala, Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility & Pattern
KEAM 2018 Application Form is releasing on 1st February 2018.Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (KEAM 2018) is a state level entrance test in Kerala state. It is also popular by the name as CEE Kerala (Combined Entrance Exam).
This exam is a gateway for providing admissions to professional degree courses in various fields like engineering, agriculture and many others.It is also referred as Kerala engineering entrance or Kerala medical entrance exam. KEAM (Kerala Entrance) is organized by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala.
KEAM 2018 is an entry-level examination conducted by the Entrance Examinations Commissioner (ECE), Kerala. The KEAM 2018 exam will be held in different cities of the country. After passing this examination, candidates may be admitted to different engineering courses. Previously, this examination was conducted for admission to engineering, medicine, agriculture and other fields.
As of 2016, the KEAM exam was organized only for engineering courses. For admission to allied medical and educational medical courses, including agriculture, the candidate must qualify the NEET exam and for the architectural course, candidates must remove the NATA exam. Through this article, students can view the details of KEAM 2018, including the application form, test dates, eligibility, etc.
It is conducted on the various test centers like Delhi, Mumbai, Ranchi, Shillong, and Dubai (UAE). Candidates can check the notifications and updates of KEAM Entrance exam 2018 including the application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and details of admit card & result.
- Engineering Courses: B.Tech [including B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering/Food Engineering & Technology/Dairy Technology/Food Technology)]
- Medical Courses: MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS.
- Allied Courses: B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry, BVSc. & AH, BFSc.
- Architecture Course: B.Arch.
- Pharmacy Course: B.Pharm.
Quick Facts about KEAM 2018
|Name of the Examination||Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Government of Kerala|
|Examination Type||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Duration of Course||4 Years|
KEAM Application Form 2018
The official KEAM 2018 exam date is given here. Other dates will be released soon:
|Starting of selling security card along with prospectus||1st February 2018|
|application form release||1st February 2018|
|Last date to apply online||28th February 2018 (5 PM)|
|Last date for receipt of Printout of Online Application along with supporting documents||31st March 2018|
|Admit card announced||10th April 2018|
|Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry)||23rd April 2018 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Paper 2 (Mathematics)||24th April 2018 (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Result of Engineering Entrance Examination||On or before 25th May 2018|
|Declaration of Rank Lists||On or before 20th June 2018|
KEAM Application Form 2018
- KEAM application has been available online.
- Candidates can fill and submit the KEAM Application Form online through the official site of KEAM.
- The application form has been released from 1st February 2018.
- Candidates, those want to apply for medical, allied, pharmacy, engineering & architecture course, they all have to fill KEAM application.
- Applicants are advised to do not fill more than one application form.
- More than one application form through one candidate will lead to rejection.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copies of their photo, signature and left hand thumb impression in specific format while filling the application form
- General candidates – Rs.1000/-
- SC candidates – Rs.500/-
- ST candidates – No Application Fee
- Application fee can be paid either with Security Card which can be purchased from selected Post Office or by the Demand Draft (DD).
- The DD should be drawn from a Nationalized/Scheduled Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for General and Rs. 500/- for SC.
- There is no application fee for ST candidates.
Applicants have to check their eligibility criteria for the courses they are applying:
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for the examination.
Students belong to Kerala state are categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite category I and Non-Keralite Category II.
Minimum Age: Candidates must complete their age of 17 years as or on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum Age: There is no upper age limit.
Qualification: Candidates seeking admission in engineering courses must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
Percentage: Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects. It is necessary to score 50% marks in mathematics individually.
Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply.
KEAM Exam Pattern
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in pen & paper based mode.
- No. of papers: The exam will be held in two papers.
- Duration: Total duration is 5 hours, i.e. two and half hour for each paper.
- Types of question: The question paper will be consist of objective type questions.
- No. of questions: Each paper will contain of 120 Questions.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for the correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Time|
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
How to prepare for KEAM
- Make a study schedule and follow strictly.
- Know your program of in-depth studies and prepare according to the program.
- Applicants may also review the previous year’s article for the exam template and the type of questions that are asked during the exam.
- Follow the good books and study the materials for the preparations.
- Take a healthy diet and a good sleep during the preparations.
KEAM Admit Card 2018
KEAM Hall Ticket 2018 will be provided by online mode through the website. Candidates can get the admit card on 10th April 2018. Candidates will be required to enter their date of birth and application number for downloading the admit card. Admit card will not be sent by post to any candidate. The personal details of candidate and details of exam venue, exam time, exam date, etc, will be mentioned in the admit card.
KEAM Answer Key
KEAM 2018 Answer Key will be published after the few days of examination. Candidates can check the answer key through the website. With the help of answer key, candidate can verify their answers. For any complaints regarding the answer key, candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- per question before the last date. The fee can be paid through DD drawn in the favor of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM result 2018 will be announced on or before 25th May 2018. Candidates can view their results via online mode through the website. A separate merit list will be prepared for all the courses on the basis of marks secured by the candidate. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks obtained in the KEAM exam and 50% for marks scored in the qualifying exam. The rank list for all the courses will be issued on or before 20th June 2018.
KEAM Rank Predictor
Admission in engineering courses will be done on the basis of rank scored by the candidates in KEAM entrance exam. On the basis of final merit list the KEAM rank card will be maintained. Candidates can predict their rank with the help of rank predictor.
The reservation of seats as per the categories are given below:
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)|
|Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA)||3%|
|Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|Viswakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
KEAM 2018 Counselling
KEAM Admission Process will be started after the release of merit list. The process of seats allocation will be made by Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). It will be done through the Single Window System (SWS). In the counselling process, candidates have to fill the stream/colleges of their choices and lock the choices. Seats will be allotted to candidates as per the merit list, filled choices & availability of seats in colleges. After the process of seat allotment, students are needed to appear at their allotted college to complete admission process.