Assam NEET Counselling 2018
Assam NEET counselling 2018 to begin from July 1. The counselling for 85% state quota seats in various private and government universities and institutions are offered through national level NEET entrance exam. Counselling is conducted by the Government of Assam, Office of The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam.
On the basis of rank obtained by the candidates in the exam, they are called for the counselling. Admission in MBBS and BDS courses are offered only to the candidates those will appear in the NEET UG exam. Candidates can get the complete information on Assam NEET counselling 2018 through this article.
NEET 2018 Result can be checked from 4th June 2018. Check here.
The state authority publish the state category-wise merit list of the candidates those who have qualified the NEET written examination. Candidates can check their names on the website. Candidates have to fill the application form to participate in the counselling.
Candidates have to download the application form and send it along with the relevant documents to the examination authority. Candidates those application forms will reach on time will be shortlisted for the counselling.
The counselling will be conducted through offline mode at the specified center. Numbers of counselling rounds will depend upon the availability of seats after each round of counselling.
Assam NEET 2018 Important Dates
The official dates for Assam NEET Counselling 2018 procedure have not been released yet. It will be released by DME. Until then, the aspirants who are wishing to take admissions to the medical colleges of Assam may see the last year’s counselling dates. Through these, the candidates can take an idea about this year’s counselling dates as well. It is highly possible that the dates will be same. Have a look.
Assam MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule 2018
The official counselling schedule has been published by the official authority.
|Assam NEET Counselling 2018||Expected Dates|
|Merit List Published||14 Jun 2018|
|Application Form starts||15 Jun 2018|
|Application Form ends||21 Jun 2018|
|1st round of counselling||03rd week of July 2018|
|Last date of joining the allotted college||04th week of July 2018|
|2nd round of counselling||02nd week of August 2018|
|Last date of joining the allotted college||03rd week of August 2018|
|Mop up round||04th week of August 2018|
Selection & Admission Procedure
- Candidates have to fill the offline application form and send it to the concerned authority along with other required documents.
- Incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected.
- The authority will publish the category wise and college wise merit list of the selected candidates for the admission after the counselling procedure.
- Candidates will be selected for the admission on the basis of their ranks and filed choices.
- Candidates have to personally report the allotted college for the admission along with the original documents at the specified venue on given date and time.
- If the candidates will fail to report within the stipulated time, their allotted seat will be forfeited.
The medical and dental seats in the various private and government colleges of the state will be reserved as per the state government orders. The seats will be reserved for each category in every college.
Candidates those will produce the relevant document in support can avail the benefit of the reservation criteria.
- Schedule Caste: 7%
- Schedule Tribes (Plains): 10%
- Other Backward Classes: 15%
- Schedule Tribe (Hills): 5%
- Physically Handicapped: 3%
Candidates have to bring all the given below documents in original along with one set of photocopy for verification during the counselling process.
- NEET 2018 Admit Card
- NEET 2018 Rank Card
- 12th Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 10th Admit Card, Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- PH Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
Assam NEET 2018 Number of Seats
The students who want to appear for the Assam NEET 2018 Counselling must know the number of seats which are available in the medical colleges of Assam. It will be helpful during the choice filling process when the candidate will have to choose the college according to the state rank of them in the merit list.
|Name of the college||Number of seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||170|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta, Assam||100|
|Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati||156|
|Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat||100|
|Silchar Medical College, Silchar||100|
|Tezpur Medical College & Hospital, Tezpur||100|
|Name of the college||Number of seats|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||40|