NEET 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
NEET 2019 Exam Dates has been released now. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the ‘National Eligibility cum Entrance Test’ (NEET 2019) for admission into the MBBS and BDS programmes offered by the medical institutes. It is the only national level medical entrance exam. It is organized for providing admission in MBBS, BDS & Ayush courses offered by all Indian Medical colleges. In order to get admission in medical courses in abroad, candidates have to qualify the NEET UG exam. This exam is conducted through pen paper mode.
The post has been updated with all the necessary details of the NEET 2019 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Important Dates.
Latest in NEET 2019
NEET 2019 Examination will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) twice in a year –Check here for details.
From 2019, the examination will be conducted through online mode (computer based exam).
Salient Features About NEET 2019
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||NEET|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Examination Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam category||UG Medical|
|Courses offered||BDS and MBBS|
|Minimum eligibility||10+2 with science stream|
|NEET 2019 application form date||1st October 2018|
|Application fee||Rs 1400/-|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)|
New Changes Formate in NEET 2019
The Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced last year:
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now.
- Aadhaar Card is also not compulsory to fill the NEET Application. But, candidates have to required any ID proof to apply for the exam.
- Indian candidates those wish to pursue MBBS/BDS in foreign nationals, they have qualify NEET UG exam.
- The attempt limit has been removedfrom the last year. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET untill the age limit as per their categories.
- There will be one set for question paperin all languages.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates’ are not eligible to NEET
- As per officials the exam will be bilingual(except language chosen in English).
- NTA will set up 3,000 practice centres for NEET UG examination from August 2018. It will function on saturdays and sundays & candidates will get around an hour to practice.
NEET 2019 Importants Date
In the table given below, candidates can check official NEET Exam dates:
For Feb 2019 Exam:
|Release of application form||1st October 2018|
|Application submission last date||31st October 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee||Last week of October 2018|
|Correction Window Open||1st week of November 2018|
|Admit card available||1st week of January 2019|
|Exam date||3rd February to 17th February 2019|
|Answer key Release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||1st week of March 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 May Exam:(NTA)
|Application form Release||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application submission last date||2nd week of April 2019|
|Last date to pay the fee||2nd week of April 2019|
|Correction Window Open||3rd week of April 2019|
|Admit card available||1st week of May 2019|
|Exam date||12th May to 26th May 2019|
|Answer key Release||Within a week after exam|
|Announcement of result||1st week of June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 Application Form
The details of the NEET 2019 application form has been providing in the following points which candidates need to keep in mind while submitting the same:
- The application form will be available only on the official website of NTA and the forms will be accessible from 1st October 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form through the online mode only.
- After filling all the details in the application form, candidates need to take the printout of the application form.
Details of the NEET Application Fee
- The application fee for NEET 2019 will be Rs. 1400.
- Candidates of the reserved category need to pay Rs. 750 as the NEET application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through the credit card/debit card/ net banking.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the bank challan as well.
NEET UG Application Correction:
One time opportunity will be provided by the board to make correction in the applications. Details regarding NEET application correction are mentioned below:
- Corrections can be done only through online mode.
- Correction facility will be provided in the first week of November 2018(Feb Exam) & third week of April 2018 (May Exam).
- Candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS regarding correction in photograph and signature. The same will be available in the candidate‟s login account.
- Candidates can also make corrections in particular fieldslike:
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- State code of eligibility
- Medium of exam paper
- Disability status
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Obtained in Class 12th
- Parents Name (Father’s & Mother’s)
- In case of any additional fee, candidates can pay through debit/credit card and net banking.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2019 eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years.
- The maximum age limit will be 25 years (30 years for SC/ST & OBC).
- IndianNationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self declaration.
Adhaar Card Mandate:
- Aadhar number is not mandatoryto apply for NEET exam.
- J&K, Assam & Meghalaya candidates can also apply by providing their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Government ID number.
- NRI candidates can apply by Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
- PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates can apply by Passport Number.
|QualifyingExam||Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam.|
|Appearing Candidates||Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.|
|Subjects||In the qualifying exam, students should have physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology with English as compulsory subject.|
|PercentageCriteria||Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group.|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2019 exam pattern will be as per the details provided in the following points:
- The examination will be comprised of an objective question paper.
- The test will be conducted through online mode.
- The medium of the exam will be exam English, Hindi, or Vernacular.
- The number of question in the exam will be 180.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Every question will be of 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark as well for the incorrect answer of a question.
The table given below gives an overview of marks distribution for the NEET 2019:
|S.No.||Subject Name||Number of Questions||Marks assigned|
NEET Syllabus 2019
NEET 2019 Syllabus will be set by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Generally, the syllabus of NEET is based on Class 11 and 12 topics. The chapters/ contents covered in NEET Syllabus usually include sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from NCERT or recommended books. Some of NEET 2019 important topics are listed below:
NEET syllabus for Physics
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Energy and Power
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Electronic Devices
NEET syllabus for Chemistry subject
- Structure of Atom, States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Solid State
- Environmental Chemistry
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Ecology and Environment
- Human physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
NEET 2019 Result
Here we are providing details about the NEET 2019 result:
- Students those will appear in the exam can check their result via online mode.
- Result will be announced in the 1stweek of March 2019 (Feb exam) & 1st week of June 2019 (May exam).
- It will not be prepared category wise.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to get the NEET 2019 admit card. Here we are providing details about admit card:
- NEET hall ticket 2019 will be released in the 1stweek of January 2019 (Feb exam) & 1st week of May 2019 (May exam).
- The board will provide the facility to get the admit card via online mode.
- A format for affixing of postcard size photographwill be released along with the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, contact with the officials.
- When student will download their hall ticket, a PDF copyof the same will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
NEET UG Answer Key 2019
The answer key will be released along with question paper through online mode. NEET answer key 2019 will be published within a week after the exam.
The board will offer the facility to challenge against the answer key. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer to challenge the answer key.
Candidates will have to visit their login portal. Enter their user ID (registration number) and password to challenge the answer key.
NEET UG 2019 Rank List:
- The board will prepare a merit list as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- The merit list will be prepared for the 15% All India Quota.
- Students will be invited for counselling as per their rank in the NEET UG examination.
NEET Cut Off 2019
Candidates have to secure marks more than cut off to qualify the examination. Candidates can check details about NEET 2019 cut off from below:
- The cut off will be published through online mode.
- It will be released along with the result.
- The cut off will depend upon different factors like number of candidates appeared in the exam, student’s performance, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
- The previous years qualifying cut off(out of 720 marks) of NEET UG exam is mentioned below:
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|
NEET Counselling 2019
- The counselling process will be organized through online mode.
- Counselling for 15% All India Quotaseats will be administrated by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- State level counselling will be organized separately by the respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET 2019 counselling will be commenced from the second week of June 2019.
- Firstly, candidates have to registerfor counselling and fill their preferences for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to students as per their merit, category and availability of seats in colleges.
- Once a seat will allotted, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the notified schedule.