Odisha NEET Counselling 2018, Documents & Seat Allotment.
Odisha NEET counselling 2018 has been started from 1st July 2018. The counselling is organized by the Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar,Odisha. The admission in the state MBBS & BDS courses are offered only through NEET score card. Only the qualified candidates are considered for the counselling. The counseling is done for the 85% of total seats in Government/private Medical/Dental Colleges except deemed Universities. In this article candidates can check the complete information about Odisha NEET 2018 counselling.
The admission will be taken on the merit-cum-preference basis wherein for merit, NEET UG 2018 score will be considered and for preference, the choices given by the candidate during Odisha NEET counselling 2018 will be considered. The candidates are advised to give preferences according to their NEET UG 2018 score.
Important Dates of Odisha NEET Counselling 2018
|First round of Odisha MBBS 2018 counselling/choice filling||July 1 (10.00 AM) – July 2, 2018 (11.59 PM)|
|Result of the first round of counselling||July 4, 2018|
|Last date to report at the allotted college||July 12, 2018|
|Provisional admission after the first round of counselling||July 5 – July 7, 2018|
|Second round of Odisha MBBS 2018 counselling/choice filling||July 24 (10.00 AM) – July 25, 2018 (11.59 PM)|
|Provisional admission after the second round of counselling||July 27 – July 29, 2018|
|Mop-up Round (in case of vacant seats)||August 4 – August 8, 2018|
There is No OBC category, so, OBC candidates will be considered as general category candidates. The reservation policy of the State Government for admission is followed as:
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 12%
- Scheduled Cast (SC): 8%
- Physically Challenged (PC): 3% of each category
- Ex-Servicemen (ES): 3%
- Green Card Holders (GC): 5%
Candidates should bring these given below documents at the time of attending the counselling for the document verification procedure.
- NEET 2018 Admit Card
- NEET 2018 Rank Card
- 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Allotment Letter
Highlights of Odisha NEET MBBS BDS Counselling 2018
- Odisha MBBS BDS 2018 counselling is conducted in online mode.
- The admission to MBBS/BDS in Odisha will be taken on the merit-cum-preference basis. The candidates are advised to choose institutes according to their score in NEET 2018.
- The candidates are eligible to participate in the counselling session if they have secured minimum required percentile in NEET UG 2018, successfully submitted the application form and have attended the document verification session.
- The authorities have published a merit list and the candidates whose names are displayed in the merit list are eligible for counselling for Odisha MBBS BDS 2018 admissions.
Odisha NEET Counselling 2018 – Procedure
- The candidates must log in again on the online portal where they have filled Odisha MBBS application form 2018.
- The candidates who are eligible for the counselling sessions will have a list of institutes on their online portal.
- The list will be displayed on the left side. The candidates can select institutes and move it to the right side.
- The candidates can delete, interchange and rearrange the options.
- The candidates can choose any number of institutes on their list.
- The candidates will be required to lock their final choices otherwise the choices they have made earlier will be locked automatically.
- The candidates must note that they can save the choices as many times as they want but they can only lock their choices once.
- The result will be published after the counselling session is over.
- The candidates who are allotted a seat at any medical or dental college can take provisional Odisha MBBS admission 2018 by submitting the required documents at the OJEE cell centre, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar.
Participating Institutes in Odisha MBBS BDS Counselling 2018
|Name of colleges||Total Seats||State Quota seats||All India Quota seats|
|Pt. Raghunath Murmu Medical College and Hospital, Baripada, Odisha||100||85||15|
|Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College & Hospital, Koraput||100||85||15|
|MKCG Medical College, Berhampur||250||212||38|
|Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla||150||127||23|
|SCB Medical College, Cuttack||250||212||38|
|Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar||100 (including 15 NRI seats)||85||–|
|Name of the College||Total Seats||State Quota seats||All India Quota seats|
|Hi-Tech Dental College, Bhubaneshwar (BDS)||100 (including 15 seats)||85||–|
|SCB Dental College, Cuttack||50||42||08|