Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2018
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2018 : The merit list for Tamil Nadu NEET 2018 Counselling has been released. Merit list is prepared by Department of Health and Family Welfare. This list is prepared after the application process gets over. The admissions will be conducted for admissions to the medical courses.
The counselling is conducted for 6400 medical seats. Aspirants who want to appear for the counselling process of Tamilnadu will have to check the merit list to ensure that they are eligible to apply for the counselling process. It will be released on the official website. They can see the list on this page as well.
How to check Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Merit List 2018
- The merit lists have been made available in online mode only.
- Interested candidates can click on the links given below to check the Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 merit lists.
- The merit lists can also be downloaded in PDF format for further use.
- The merit lists have been made available for all candidates who successfully applied for Government quota and Management quota seats including NRI.
About Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Merit List 2018
The merit lists released on June 28, 2018, provide candidates their state merit ranks which will be utilized at the time of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS counselling 2018. The candidates who have applied for government quota seats are also allotted a community merit rank. Candidates included in the merit list are eligible to participate in the counselling process. It should be noted that mere inclusion does not necessarily guarantee admission to government and private medical and dental colleges. The candidates who are included in the merit list must check the documents required for the counselling process.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Cutoff 2018
The candidates who have successfully filled the application form and are now eligible for the further rounds of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS admission process can check the cutoff rank and score to know their chances of obtaining admission to the medical and dental colleges of the state. The cutoff rank signifies the last rank which obtained admission in the academic year 2017-18. The cutoff rank and score will be different for 15% All India Quota and 85% State Quota seats.
Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 Merit List – Eligibility Criteria
According to the eligibility criteria of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018, candidates are required to obtain the minimum percentile according to their category in the NEET and complete the process of application form fill-up in order to be included in the TN MBBS rank list 2018 or Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 merit list. The candidates can check here for the required minimum percentile in NEET 2018.
Required Minimum Percentile
|S. No.||Categories||Minimum Percentile Required||Minimum Required Marks|
|1||General (UR)||50th Percentile||119|
|2||ST/SC/OBC (Including PH of ST/SC/OBC)||40th Percentile||96|
|3||UR PH||45th Percentile||107|
Highlights of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Merit List 2018
- The merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 will be released on June 28, 2018.
- Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018 will be collectively released for all the candidates who are eligible.
- The candidates will not be individually informed about Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 merit list.
- The candidates included in the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018 will be able to attend the counselling process for Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018.
- Candidates can take a print-out of the merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 for future reference.
Tie-Breaker Criteria of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Merit List 2018
The criteria for tie-breaking of Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018 will be used in case two or more candidates have obtained the same marks in the NEET 2018. The various parameters used by the authorities for tie-breaking in the merit list of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS 2018 are as follows.
- Candidates with higher marks in Biology in the NEET examination are given preference if there is a tie.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidates with higher marks in Chemistry subject are given preference in the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2018.
- Candidates with lesser wrong answers in NEET will be given preference.
- In case there is still a tie, then the candidate older in age is preferred.
The candidates whose names will be included in the Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS 2018 merit list are required to participate in the online choice filling process and subsequent counselling. The first round of counselling of Tamil Nadu MBBS 2018 will start from July 1 for Government Quota seats and July 7 for Management Quota seats.