PGIMER 2018: Registration, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates and Pattern.
PGIMER 2018 : PGIMER is a national level post graduate medical entrance exam. It is conducted by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. The exam offer admissions to post graduate courses in Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programmes.
PGIMER Chandigarh is counted amongst India’s premier medical institutions, and follows a three-year residency cum training structure for all its MD/MS programmes. PGIMER 2018 will take admissions to 196 MD/MS seats. The admissions will be done on merit basis and ranks scored by candidates in PGIMER 2018 entrance examination.
PGIMER 2018 Application Form (July Session) for MD/MS courses has been released on 15th March 2018. Candidate can fill his/her online application form available at the university website or can click here to apply directly.
The official exam dates of PGIMER for MD/MS courses (July Session) are:
|Online registration starts||15th March 2018|
|Last date of registration||16th April 2018|
|Last date to deposit the fee||21st April 2018|
|Admit card published||May 2018|
|MD/MS exam date||13th May 2018|
|Result Published||14th May 2018|
|1st Counseling||15th June 2018|
|2nd Counseling||12th July 2018|
|3rd Counseling||25th July 2018|
- Applicant must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- The applicant should have the MBBS or equivalent Degree recognized by Medical Council of India for MD/MS courses.
- The Applicant must have completed or due to complete one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
PGIMER 2018 exam pattern is as follows:
- PGIMER 2018 will be a pen and paper based examination.
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- The exam will be for the duration of three hours.
- It will consist of 250 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with five alternatives and one or more correct answers for each question.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The syllabus will pertain to the subjects taught during MBBS.
|Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
The cutoff of PGIMER 2018 entrance will be in the form of percentile scores. Candidates who clears the cutoff percentile, will be considered qualified for admissions to PGIMER 2018 MD/MS degrees. PGIMER 2018 cutoff for different categories are:
- General and Sponsored/Deputed candidates need at least 55 percentile to qualify for admission.
- OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals need 50 percentile at the minimum to qualify.
- Bhutanese Nationals need to obtain at least 45percentile to qualify for admission.
The admit card of PGIMER 2018 for July 2018 entrance exam will be in the first week of May 2018. It can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts. All the necessary details such as exam centre, time of the exam, etc. will be mentioned. It is mandatory to bring the valid admit card in the examination hall with one photo ID proof
PGIMER 2018 Chandigarh will declare PGIMER 2018 result on May 14, 2018. Students will check their result of PGIMER 2018 entrance exam from the website. Candidates will need their login credentials to access their result. The result will be declared by the PGIMER, Chandigarh.
PGIMER counseling will be conducted in three sessions depending upon the availability of seats. . Counseling will be started from 15th June 2018 for MD/MS courses. The second counseling round will be held on July 12, 2018 and Final and third round on July 25, 2018. . Shortlisted candidates have to pay Rs. 2485/- as the first installment fee on the spot.
Documents to be needed at the time of counseling are:- MBBS Degree Certificate, 10th certificate or its equivalent, Migration certificate, Character certificate, Certificate of internship, Caste certificate, Rural certificate and 3 copies of latest passport size photograph.